Monday, September 10, 2012

the bottom line

This past Friday, while en route to my nephew's first football game of the season (go Delsea!), I stopped at a local Wawa to grab some cash. Apparently you can't swipe your debit card at the local ticket stand (it's 2012, people, get on it!).

Anywho, I'm waiting for my cash to dispense, and I happen to look down in the trashcan where everyone throws out their receipts. I'm reminded of a friend who once said he used to write his number on the back of a stranger's ATM receipt with a large balance. This way, the girl would think he's loaded and go out with him. At the time, I thought this was incredibly shallow. It still is, but now I can laugh at it.

In any case, the first receipt I can see has a balance of $12,689.47. My mind? Blown. I'm immediately jealous of that person, even though I have no idea who they are. Then I start thinking about why that number seem so unattainable to me. I can't even envision having that much money, ever, let alone just having it hanging out in my bank account.

Who is this person and what are they doing that I'm not?

1 comment:

  1. What I want to know is why someone would throw away a receipt that advertises how much money they have in their bank account! I mean, I know that the information on there is very limited, but still... :-P

    ReplyDelete