The Mega Millions in NJ has rolled over for the second time and the jackpot is now a cool $356 million and growing.
Which means, if you won Tuesday night and took the lump sum pay out option. NJ is going to take about 11% of that in taxes, leaving you with about $317 million. Uncle Sam is going to take a hefty 25% which means you're bring home about $238,750,000. What do you do first?
Here's what I would do (in no particular order):
- Immediately put in my two weeks at work
- Put out house on the market. I wouldn't even pay it off first.
- Pay off our other debts
- Buy a big house a few blocks from the beach in Brigantine so my mom could sell her house and live there with us
- Open my own bar/restaurant or at least go back to bartending (a job I actually really loved)
- Become a dog trainer
- Adopt more dogs
- Get Brian a membership at Galloway National Golf Club
- Buy a hybrid car
- Invest at least 100 million of it
- Get crazy awesome seats at MetLife stadium for all the Jets home games for all my in-laws
What would you do if you woke up a mega millionaire?