Friday, March 1, 2013

the pits

Ugh, Readers, it has not been a good week. It started out promising, but quickly went downhill.

I officially fell into the bottom of the hole yesterday, when I checked my PNC balance only to find there was negative $38.00  in it. Double Ugh.

Apparently this week was when everyone decided to cash every check I had ever written them. Seriously, people, get to the bank on time. I budgeted that money during the pay period that check is dated, not the one four weeks later. You can deposit checks using your smart phone now-a-days, there's no excuse for that.

Then, since I was in a bad mood, I fell off my no soda wagon and drowned my sorrows in a 20 ounce Coke and half a bag of Sun Chips. Then I wanted to throw up for the rest of the afternoon.

At least today is payday and it's a three paycheck month.

Anyone else encountering road blocks lately?

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm new to your blog, but man oh man can I commiserate with you on road blocks! I'm in the middle of moving into a new apartment and I forgot how expensive moving is... I feel like my bank account is hemorrhaging money. That combined with all of the snow lately preventing me from actually moving my furniture has made me feel like i'm beating my head against a brick wall :) Sunnier days are ahead... I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along, Jess - we commiserate a lot on this blog!! Moving is definitely the pits!

      Delete
  2. i know exactly what you mean. at the beginning of february i went to the dentist and made a charge on my card that was about 20 dollars more than i had in my account. i wound up paying over 100$ in fees. couldn't transfer money in fast enough and had to wait 10 more days till next pay day. it was a very long and stressful 10 days but then i got paid (with a bonus) and received my tax return on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm... a new baby = one giant financial roadblock. ;-)

    Seriously though, this month we're doing some financial finagling, since baby "start-up costs" are throwing off our usual budget, and I am (as usual) refusing to dip into savings to pay for stuff. Instead, we're taking strategic advantage of a grace period on one of our bills in order to make our cash flow work. I hate doing it, but it's one of those things where I know if I borrowed from savings it wouldn't get paid back. :-P

    ReplyDelete