Wednesday, September 26, 2012

double take

My coworker asked if I wanted to go with her to our work cafeteria. I wasn't getting any work done at the moment (a theme at my cubicle), so I agreed. I took a few dollars with me, in case anything caught my eye, but I wasn't really hungry.

A short distance later, we arrived. I saw the cafeteria had cartons of Tropicana, which was great, since I had forgotten to have some with breakfast. There are two things I need in the morning: orange juice & tea. Without them, my day is pretty much ruined. I grabbed a carton and took it to the register. Guess how much that carton was?

TWO DOLLARS.

$ 2 !!!

I was paralyzed at the register. I certainly didn't want to pay $2 for 24 ounces of juice (more than double what I normally drank in the morning), but I didn't want to be that weirdo who put it back. Not surprisingly, I paid for it, but it'll be a long time before I make that mistake again.
 
Also, I should  have done a better job at checking prices. While drinks aren't labeled with prices in the cooler, there is a large peg board I should have checked first. But when my soda is 0.75 cents, I definitely don't think the orange juice is going to cost 150% (ish) more.

Anyone else ever have something similar happen? Are you better at putting the item back than I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment